Hi there 👋
- About me
- Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Musician and composer with music available on most streaming services
Since you like stranger things— Jessica Mulein 🫂🖖🇺🇦🌻🇺🇲🆘 (@JessicaMulein) June 9, 2022
I wrote this for my kidnapped children.
I love my boys forever.https://t.co/JYfKWeC62C
- Open Source advocate and contributor
- Women’s, minority, and disabled rights advocate
- Disabled from MS (Multiple Sclerosis), COPD, long COVID
- 🔭 I’ve recently started an open source team called “Digital Defiance” which has absorbed most of my projects at least in theory. Right now we’re actively working on HACC which is nearing/in Beta!
- HACC is just reaching a really really usable state!
- Come find us on Keybase! https://keybase.io/team/digitaldefiance
- I work on a lot of side projects, always starting new things. I usually circle back to projects eventually.
- Unfortunately I am currently mothballing a lot of projects. I have little energy and am finding a hard time doing the things life demands, let alone open source code.
Most of what I am working on is in TypeScript and in an NX based monorepo https://github.com/Digital-Defiance/nx-monorepo
I was also working on qURI (ranking/rating component of BrightChain), Domino Train (Firebase Blazor webassembly demo project), PhantomMail (CLI email client) which will run in HACC and WordMasterMind (Wordle clone with multiple dictionaries, more words/sizes), BrightChain + NeuralFabric, HACC, PlayZMachine mainly. Always cycling back to these unfinished projects. Many of them have actually merged into BrightChain- it’s bigger than anyone I think can imagine. However, I’m disabled and I am more of an ideas person these days, trying to explore some concepts. Other projects include Bailey Borwein Plouffe and LUHN-Mod-N.
- Domino Train was Webassembly with EF/MS OIDC integrated OAUTH from Firebase, uses firebase to handle the multiplayer functionality, and CSS to draw the dominoes.
- PhantomMail was Gui.cs (and soon likely HACC) based modern retro email client.
My old projects aren’t totally abandoned- though some are kind of ideas I’ve thought about and may interest you, so I’ve left whatever work (if any) I’ve done. 🤷♀️ I may swing back yet…
👯 I’m looking to collaborate on PhantomMail, WordMasterMind, BrightChain, StegoPhone, HACC (HTML5 ANSI Console Canvas), PlayZMachine (Zork on console/twitter bot), and more.
- 📫 How to reach me: jessica [at] mulein [dot] com
😄 Pronouns: Mercurial/Highness/Majesty (she/her if you really want to know)
⚡ Fun fact: I was once a licensed coal miner and have coded in the deepest darkest places on earth. One of my names is on millions of bookshelves and I have friends in high places. I am Mercurial.
- By the way, Mercurial is a play on words related to software revision control systems like Git an Mercurial and then of course Freddie Mercury.
- Pseudonym is because people ignore women.